Membership Info - Contact Joe Sarafini (815) 275-8737 or Terry Anderson (815) 566-7977

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

LIONS DONATE TO ALS CHALLENGE

FREEPORT 08/26/2014 -

"Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease," is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord." Many of us know someone who had or has this disease. During the warm summer months of August the biggest Facebook rage was to challenge someone to get "dunked" by a bucket full of ice & water and then donate some money to research for a cure for ALS.

I received my challenge from Freeport Lions Club Past President Terry Anderson on 08/25/2014. Lion Terry and his wife, Cheryl, posted a fun video of Terry pouring ice water over his head and then gasping for air from the chilly mixture.

I asked my grandchildren and my wife to help me accept my challenge. We had fun doing it and then making a donation in honor of a disease that is no fun at all.

Rich Montgomery, President, Freeport Lions Club



 


No comments: